Sunday, July 27, 2008

Arrogance

"No one is more arrogant toward women, more aggressive or scornful, than the man who is anxious about his virility" - Simone de Beauvoir (french writer and feminist)

I do apologize for anyone who is reading this post. It is definately different than my other posts about fun events in my life. But I saw this the other day and I just had to write about it. Unfortunately the picture doesn't get any better than what you see here. I only had a few moments to take it sitting at a stop light with my phone, and I forgot to change the resolution so it would show up better. So just take my word for it when I tell you what is going on here :)

I try to avoid describing qualities in guys that I find attractive, but I have to say that arrogance is one of the biggest turn-off's men have. It is the absolute most unattractive quality a guy can have. And it's definately a pet peeve of mine. So, while I was driving to work one morning, I pulled up to a stoplight to find this...

More or less that sticker says this: "Don't laugh, this could be your daughter sitting next to the bad a** Aaron Choi" On top of that, the license plate says "ChoiRyd". I know this because this was not the first time I've run into this guy. I think he goes to the same gym as I do.

I hope the first thing that comes to your mind is what I was thinking as well. WHAT THE CRAP??? COME ON!!! Who in their right mind would think so rediculously about themselves? I'm literally left speechless. I don't even know what more to say than that. A couple things come to mind about the situation...

First, his truck isn't even that cool. It's a Ford...and it's not even raised that much, nor does it have any cool accessories. It doesn't even have a profane trailer hitch thingy or anything. It's about as average as any truck can get. So what would there be to laugh about? Usually I'd laugh if it was a truck raised to rediculous levels with some kind of flashy rims or paint job. You know what I'm referring to, we've all seen those trucks, but this one really isn't one of those. So the only thing left to laugh about is how incredibly "self-humiliating" his little note is.

and second, girls....why on earth would you get into a truck that had that written on the back of it??? He's practically "womanizing" you right from the start! Come on! Maybe the reason this world is so messed up is because women don't demand to be treated more respectfully than this guy does. I wonder what it takes to mistake arrogance for confidence? It's gotta happen a whole lot for this guy to still be in business. And I'm sure there are some girls who would actually find riding in this truck with this Aaron clown flattering.

As I'm writing this, I realize I'm having a hard time putting my emotions into words. I'm just stunned at some people. I would love to meet this guy in person and ask him who he really thought he was. I hope he finds my blog and comments on it, because he's going to get quite a mouthfull from yours truly. I just can't even believe it. If anyone out there can put all these bizzare emotions into words better than I can, please do! Please someone tell me, why would anyone think this is okay?

6 comments:

Matthew Hansen said...

The only advantage is that girls who would like you wouldn't like an idiot like this anyway.

Let's hope that neither of us ever had a daughter who would get into a truck of a guy like that.

Erica Keebler said...

Unfortunately, people think they are hot and cleaver, when in all reality they are desperate and stupid. The only group of fathers daughters that this will be attracting is the ones fresh out of high school thinkin he's all that and a bag of chips, but hey...soon they will find out that he's actually really not all that. There's always a better guy with a nicer truck too. Guys like this make me laugh at how ridiculously absurd men can be. No worries thou...I'm sure your not the only one that has wanted to say something to him.

SarahBeth said...

Self-absorbed men will always exist. Heck, self absorbed women will always exist too. The real tragedy is not in this guy's display - it's the woman who gets in the car with him believing that this is what she deserves.

Unknown said...

Brandon Freund... I do believe you just might be a feminist... haha!

Anonymous said...

Brandon!!!!
This is laughable! All I have to say is...this is a small world...or a small town. This arrogant guy with the lifted truck and "the bad A" was my really good friend in High School...hahaha!!!

Anonymous said...

The last comment was Alexandra by the way.