Here in the Reno/Sparks area there is a pigeon problem...they live. Pigeons have taken over my neighborhood. Until recently, demon pigeons lived on our house. I would wake up to hear them scratching all over the roof. Every time we'd open the front door, the pigeons on the porch would all violently scatter all over the place. Not to mention their droppings everywhere in sight.
So, being humans, we did what we do best. We called a pest exterminator. He assured us that we were not the only person with the pigeon problem, and that in fact it is very common around here. He put up medieval looking spikes to ward off the furious fiends. And for a while it seemed to work...But little did we know, those pigeons were keeping away a multitude of smaller flighty creatures who soon realized one thing: whatever spikes were placed to keep pigeons off, were perfect for building new nests...safe from pigeons. So, I had to take a picture of what has become of our "bird guard". Filled to the brim! And most of them have eggs or chirping baby birds in them!
Anyway, this pic was taken with the "panoramic" setting on my camera phone, which didn't line up quite right, so that explains the odd double image you're seeing. I just keep praying that these birds are thankful for the little home we've provided them, and that maybe they will choose me to be their bird king...
PS...and sorry Diana, you probably shouldn't come visit, because I don't feel like picking up the birds that die around you...that would just be a mess.



2 comments:
hey! haven't checked you blog in a while and I've been missing out. You just made me even more excited to get to Canada next week. maybe i'll send you a Big Turk. Good luck with your training.... 26.2
Thanks! I actually just finished a 20 mile training run up and down some nasty hills....I'm so sore! But I did it, took me 4 1/2 hours though...a bit too long for what I wanted. Oh well, for the record I'm not trying to beat your time or anything, just wanna say I finished one :)
Post a Comment